As founder and principal of the firm, John Bagby has over thirty years of experience in federal and state courts throughout the region. He is directly responsible for the firm’s client relationships, including the supervision of all aspects of the firm’s professional services. A graduate of the University of Virginia and the Dickinson School of Law, John has prepared and tried complex, multiple party litigation throughout the country. He currently represents individuals, businesses, and corporate entities in complex business matters and litigation. His practice has been varied, with an emphasis on technical and engineering issues in the area of product liability, including pharmaceutical and aviation matters, as well as business and commercial litigation, involving simple coverage disputes to complex cases arising out of fraud. With regard to the heath care industry, John has counseled clients regarding critical business issues, including health information technology, capital formation, government contracting, reimbursement, fraud and abuse compliance and investigations, clinical and pharmaceutical compliance, state and federal legislative and regulatory advocacy, intellectual property, clinical research, privacy, and licensure.
In addition to his representation of business entities, John also regularly counsels individuals, including professionals, executives, and various entrepreneurs, regarding the legal implications of personal and professional issues. These clients demand experienced trial counsel, but also require a lawyer with the ability to deal with and explore the possibility of a quick or quiet resolution of the particular dispute. John handles each case on an individual, personalized basis. He offers a concierge-level quality of representation for his clients and welcomes the opportunity to work side-by-side with other professionals should the need arise.
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1975)
- Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- 1980 Pennsylvania State Court
- 1980 United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- 1994 New Jersey State Court
- 1994 United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- 1998 United States District Court, South Carolina
Representative Speaking Engagements and Presentations/Writings:
- Risk Management Issues in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Pennsylvania College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Legal Issues in the practice of Psychiatry, the Philadelphia Psychiatric Association, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Insurance Coverage Disputes, the National Business Institute, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- Recent Developments in Psychiatric Malpractice, the American Psychiatric Association Seminar on Risk Management, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Piper Aircraft Bankruptcy: Restructuring for Survival, the International Aviation Law/Insurance Symposium, Brussels, Belgium
- Integrated Use of Computer Generated Graphic Technology as Trial Evidence, the Litigation in Aviation Section of Tort and Insurance Practice, American Bar Association, Washington, D.C.
- Use of Video Technology in Air Crash Litigation, the Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel.